Facilities and training rooms
First class facilities include:
- Expansive gym area including Hammer Strength and Life Fitness machines and free weights.
- 2 lifting platforms for Olympic lifting and power lifting. Compound exercises are great for all people and excellent for athletic development.
- Exclusive circuit area with low profile, easy to use machines ideal for beginners, rehabilitation or an express workout for anyone with limited time.
- Separate cardio room including Life Fitness and Concept 2 equipment catering for anyone interested in a short stroll all the way to the competitive runner or triathlete.
- Our Small Group Training room includes boxing and kick boxing equipment as well as lots of specialised toys to provide a plethora of fun training options with like minded members.
- From the Small Group Training room, head out to the oval where we run Boot Camp style classes taking advantage of the hills and natural surroundings.
- Dedicated Cycle room with incredibly smooth magnetic resistance cycles and loads of air-conditioning and fans to keep you cool while you conquer the mountains.
- Our Group Fitness Program takes place upstairs from the main gym and in a huge area complete with instructor stage and funky lighting to enhance the dynamic party atmosphere.
- Yoga takes place in a large peaceful carpeted area with soft lighting. Mats are provided for your extra comfort.
Indoor Heated Pool
The SCU Pool is an indoor heated pool located at the entrance to the Lismore Campus. Contact us on 6620 3952 to book the Pool for an event or to book a lane.
- 33 metres long by 1.8 metres deep
- 8 lanes for lap swimming
- Suitable for water polo
The design of the pool incorporates the best environmental sustainability practice:
- Water used to top up pool supply and to be used for filter backwash is to be collected via rainwater from the roof and condensate drainage from the mechanical air handling plant. It is likely that much of the time these supplies will be sufficient to meet the water demand for the pool building without requirement for town water supply top-up. Town water supply top-up is available in the case of the roof water supply being insufficient due to environmental conditions and climatic conditions.
- Approximately 80% of filter backwash water will be filtered and recovered for use with on-site irrigation, rather than dumping to sewer.
- Ultraviolet disinfection system has been installed to provide disinfection without the addition of chemicals. This will significantly lower the minimum level of chlorine required to meet NSW Health guidelines for swimming pools. This will lower cost of provision of chemicals as well as making the swimming pool much more pleasant for patrons.
- Pool heating is provided to allow the pool to be operated through the winter months. The heating system is a heat pump system, similar to the system used for air conditioning. This is the most efficient method of heating per unit energy in comparison to direct heating using either gas or electricity.
- Air handling is being managed by use of a heat exchange system so that incoming air can be normalised to the ambient in-room temperature prior to it being delivered. The energy will be extracted from the exhaust air so as to minimise requirement for additional energy input to the pool area as air is expelled from the building. It is anticipated that this, in combination with the maintenance of the pool water body at a stable temperature will keep the ambient conditions inside the pool at approximately the same temperature as the water temperature.